Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tetanus much?

I'll keep this post short because, as Eliza put it, I tend to be quite a chatterbox on this blog! Luckily I only have something quick to say.

Ashley and I decided to do a bit of exploring of Westlands today, which we go to at night for clubbing, but have never seen in the day. It was uneventful really. Found a nice salon to get my eyebrows done, looked at a few restaurants but decided they were too expensive for our cheap-skate ways, ended up getting pizza at Pizza Inn instead...the usual. Our matatu ride back to town was mildling interesting in that halfway there, these 2 guys sitting behind us started yelling and scrambling around and grabbing dangerously close to our butts. We asked, as calmly as possible when some stranger is apparently reaching for your goodies, what on earth they were doing? They said that cops were arresting everyone for not wearing seatbelts. They were apparently trying to find our seatbelts for us. Unfortunately, my seat didn't have a seatbelt. So, not wanting to be arrested just in case those guys were telling the truth, we hopped out of the matatu ASAP.

We caught the bus back from town to the estate, and that's when it happened. There was a metal plate under the lifted armrest as I went to sit down...and I accidentally slid against it...and ripped a HUGE hole in my pants! My left butt cheek was on display for all of Nairobi! Thank god I was sitting down at this point, and I had my messenger bag, which I strategically placed to avoid humiliation. But now I have a big cut on my ass, so when I eventually get tetanus or something from that rusty metal plate, at least I know how.

No comments: